How to Find Motivation When Something Is Holding You Back

Have you ever felt like there is more to life, like there was something you are meant to do but aren't, like there is something missing?

I have.

Motivation

There was a period in my life where I was stuck with this empty feeling. A feeling of inadequacy so deep that it had me questioning the purpose in which I was put on this planet. I didn't want to work. I didn't want to play. I didn't want to do anything. This desolate feeling caused me to do a critical review of the things in my life. I began to take a closer look at my family, friends and hobbies and quickly identified I measured success the wrong way.

I measured success with substance.

During these gloomy days I spent the bulk of my time complaining, thinking negatively about everything, quit when the going got tough, and even worse stopped dreaming. These were the hardest days of my life. To make matters worse I thought I had everything I wanted.

Who knew that getting just what you want could be so far away from having what you need?

One day I was sitting at my job, hating every moment, when a revelation so powerful hit me and nearly knocked me off my feet. I was literally slumped over like I received a severe blow to the lower abdomen. The revelation was simple and eye opening.

There is more to me than this.

I was more than my debt, more than my fear, more than my education or lack thereof, more than the sad hourly wage I was making at the time, more than my mistakes, more than my hurt, and my favorite more than a conqueror. Guess what?

You are too!

It took a lot of prayer, reflection and soul searching but I found what was missing. I found purpose and it wasn't difficult to find once I knew where to look for it. It was my gift, my natural talent that made the difference. My gift made room for me.

A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. Proverbs 18:16

So, if you were anything like I was, I have some tips to help you fill that empty void.

1. Pray, meditate

Guidance is key to make sure you are going in the right direction. Make sure you have a clear mind and be patient to wait for the answer.

2. Do what comes easy.

What are you good at? What do you do in your free time outside of Madden? What comes to you naturally?

3. Network to recognize your strengths

Use your friends and family to point out your strong points. Their point of view is a lot different from yours and their perspective can give you some useful insight.

4. Practice your art.

There is no greater shortcoming than a person who refuses to practice a gift.

5. Utilize all of your talents!

If you don't use it you might lose it.

I don't care who you are there is something inside of you so powerful that is just lying dormant waiting to be unleashed. Whatever it is, don't keep it buried.

Invest in your gift because....there is more to you than this.

How will you find your hidden potential?

How to Find Motivation When Something Is Holding You Back

Frank Jennings is the founder of A Spark Starts where he writes life changing inspiring stories to help others reach their full potential. This site is full of compelling stories based on the specific situations that we face in our lives. Stop by today and read about overcoming adversity, parenting, relationships, health, endurance and many other relevant and timely topics.

Visit : How to time management Motivational Techniques The Global Marketing